Wednesday, June 05, 2013

Organization Language field when provisioning CRM Online

In one of my recent postings I discussed the implicit settings that were set when choosing country, in a recent update, one of these implicit settings was converted to an explicit setting, namely the Organization Language.
The new field when provisioning CRM Orgs in CRM Online - Organization language
An interesting thing about this field is that it cannot be selected to any language, but only to specific language. In Sweden, only to Swedish and English. In Switzerland, English, French, German or Italian. I think this is a good move forward but I don't see any reason to why they are limiting the available languages. If a Chinese company wants to have chinese for an org in Sweden, why should that be a problem?

An interesting note is also that there seems to be a language hickup, "Organization Language" has not been properly translated to Swedish...

I have also not checked if the collation is connected to the language or the country, but I would expect it to be connected to the language. If anyone reading this has any input, please feel free to leave a comment.

Gustaf Westerlund
MVP, CEO and owner at CRM-konsulterna AB
www.crmkonsulterna.se

2 comments:

  1. It cannot be selected to any language, but only to specific language and that seems very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nan, yes, I agree. I would suppose that many organizations might want different combinations but that is locked and I Think that is sad. But for most organizations this is probably good enough.

    ReplyDelete